Saturday 30 April 2011

The Royal Wedding - the art of inclusion

Whilst watching the Royal Wedding of William and Catherine on t.v. I was touched and amazed by how this happy event had united a country and in fact a world, with many millions of people watching from all over the globe - I felt very privileged to be living in London. The outpouring of love, affection and positivity was heart warming and made me feel very hopeful for our future.
The word that kept coming to my mind as I listened to the commentary was 'Inclusion', what I think they did so amazingly well (amongst so many other things) was to include and unite people, countries, religions and races. I believe that there was something for everyone.
I particularly loved The Right Reverend Dr. Richard Chartres, Lord Bishop of London's reading when he said. 'The more we give of self, the richer we become of soul, the more we go beyond ourselves in love, the more we become our true selves and our spiritual beauty is more fully revealed'. He went onto say When a solemn decision is made by saying 'I WILL' you have aligned yourselves with what we believe is the way in which life is spiritually evolving and which will lead to a creative future for the human race. We stand looking forward to a century which is full of promise and full of peril - human beings are confronting the question of how to use wisely the power that has been given to us through the discoveries of the last century. We shall not be converted to the promise of the future by more knowledge but rather by an increase in loving wisdom and reverence for life, for the earth and for one another.
My hope is that we will all be striving assiduously to embrace the virtues of love, acceptance, forgiveness, helpfulness, service and a positive attitude as an example to others.
With love
Dr. Deborah Kerslake
   

No comments:

Post a Comment